Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fluffy Mexican Style Rice


Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
1 1/2 tsps. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried minced onion
1 green onion thinly sliced
2 tbsps. vegetable or canola oil
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
3 tbsps. tomato paste

Directions:
Step 1 - I used my rice cooker/steamer for the first time and was blown away.  I placed all of the ingredients except the green onion in, (my rice cooker says per two cups uncooked rice you should fill up to the 2 line with liquid, so if yours has similar instructions make sure to follow them) and close the lid.  All I had to was select the type of rice and it already knew how to cook.  We had this with our burritos and it was so yummy, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment